Monday, August 22, 2016

Sunny Days!

There are so many hot air balloons and I love it so much! We see them in the mornings and nights everywhere in Vilnius

Outside our Vilnius apartment, so close!
Hello everyone!
The weather has just been amazing here, warm and sunny. It has been a fabulous week! We were able to meet with a few investigators and focus on the doctrine of Christ. I love this doctrine so much. I have learned so much about repentance especially as we have been teaching it. I am the one that is truly being taught by the spirit. I loved a verse in 3 Nephi that discusses becoming as a little child, humble enough to repent and come unto Christ. He is always waiting for us and inviting us to come unto Him.
We met with an older man this week who is learning the basic foundamentals of prayer. It is hard for me to imagine not knowing about prayer and not having this personal relationship with Heavenly Father. I am so grateful that we can pray to Him anytime of the day and anywhere. We also met with an older lady to discuss the word of wisdom. She unfourtanetly doesn't believe that it is from God, so that is a bit of a problem. But it did strengthen my testimony of how much this commandment is from God. He is so loving that He protects us and wants us to live happy lives. I love this principle!! 
At family home evening, Karolina was able to come now that she is back from Portgugal. She is on fire with the spirit, and I love her enthusiasm. She is such a good example of serving the other church members and happily living the gospel. You can see how the gospel has truly changed her. Because she lives according to it, she lives happily. That is how we can all live becuase of the doctrine of Christ :) We were also able to be there with a new young girl who is interested in learning more. We drew pictures with chalk of stories from the Book of Mormon and Bible. We also did pictionary in shaving cream on the table for better demonstrations. 
We met with the less active Juginas who is so amazing. He waited outside of hte church for 30 minutes until we came to unlock it. He was early and just loved being outside to feel the spirit. The spirit is so strong with him. And he is now a completley active member!! It is amazing to see how the Book of Mormon has changed him and his life. In Alma 32 I learned about the word and how as we nourish it by studying God's scriptures every day, we partake of the fruit or of the atonement day by day. This brings us joy and eternal life. I love that!!! Juginas truly speaks with such strong spirit and teaches us all. I love him so much.
On Saturday we got transfer calls... I am leaving Vilnius and heading off to Klaipeda!!!! I am not even sure what to think, but I am excited. I will be serving with Sister Wallis, and we will be white washing as there have only be two sets of elders serving there. Now there will be us and just two other elders. I am very excited but sad to be leaving Vilnius. Each sunday I talk to a lady who goes to her own church at the same time. As I explained that it would be my last sunday here, my heart swelled and tears came. I barely know this woman but I love her and everyone here. I will greatly miss the church members. I can't believe that it was my last sunday there, it doesn't feel real. I am so grateful that on Sunday I was able to hug and love everyone there at church. They have been such great examples to me. I know that more loving people of Lithuania are waiting in Klaipeda. We will be headed this Wednesday! I love the God's children here so much. He loves each one of us and cares for us as a loving Heavenly Father. I know that! I love you!
Love Sese Dzerman
Our last district picture in Vilnius

No comments:

Post a Comment