Monday, August 15, 2016

Sunny Day!

Sisters of Lithuania
Hi Family and Friends!
We were able to have a crazy awesome week again! I just love being able to be here in Vilnius doing the Lord's work. We are all so blessed to know that the Lord loves us and blesses us every day. I know that he loves each one of us and that He expresses that love every day.
This past week we were able to meet with President and Sister Harding at Zone Conference. We talked about the work here in Lithuania, and I received so much spiritual insight. We talked about repentance and how that leads to true conversion. Daily repentance has been such a great blessing in my life. I know God will forgive us every time we sincerely repent through Christ's atonement.
On Wednesday we were able to meet with a member's younger sister. She is not a member of the church and her brother is serving a mission right now. We were able to testify of Christ and His atonement through the spirit. The spirit was so strong and I know that Christ lives. I feel so priveleged to be able to have my testimony strengthened each day by the spirit. This girl has experienced a really hard family life and therefore believes that God doesn't exist. Although we each have trials, God is truly here helping us through each one of them. Eternal life is getting to know God and His son Jesus Christ. That night we met with a girl who loves Christ and the Bible. We challenged her to read the Book of Mormon in order to come even closer to God. I love that this book focuses on Christ and His atonement for each one of us. The connections between the Bible and Book of Mormon testify of it's truthfullness.
Thursday I was able to serve in Kaunas! I went on exchanges and met with a new convert there. We had started teaching him before I left back to Vilnius.He has progressed so far and even received the priesthood. It was incredible to learn from his example and testimony. Being a true convert is truly seen in how we live our lives. Living the gospel is what changes us, and it is so happy!
On Friday we had zone training in Kaunas and then I was able to go on exchanges with a new Russian speaking sister in Vilnius. Two russian sisters were just transfered here and it was amazing to have both languages in order to talk to people. It was a great learning experience for me because I know that the spirit is what speaks to everyone and not the actual missionary. Having the spirit has been such a great blessing to me every day.
We are working with Ina, who is slowly learning more and more. She is progressing though! ON Saturday we had a branch activity about the tree of life. Members and investigators were lead along the iron rod and tempted with diferent foods and games. But they were told to always hold on to the rod. Reading the Book of Mormon will keep us safe and happy in life. Not just reading, but actual study and applicaiton in our lives. This is what leads to eternal life. I know that Christ lives.
I love you all, love sese dzerma

1 comment:

  1. I am very glad that you feel so great here in Lithuania! Both your spiritual and physical LT tour is an enlightment to read! Did you do much of traveling around? How did you like Kaunas? Did you do a tour around Vilnius Lithuania? I wish you the most exciting years while serving in this beautiful country!

    ReplyDelete