Monday, August 8, 2016

Christ is my Sunshine :)

We are eating at a grill outside in the centre of Vilnius-perfect weather!
Sveiki!
This past week was another great one as we got to meet with a few people and share the gospel of Christ. We have a couple of investigators who are making slow progress, but we love them so much. It is cool to be discussing just the very basics with them, such that God is our Loving Father in heaven. He is different from Jesus Christ, who atoned for each one of us and allows us to be redeemed from our sins to live with God again. I love feeling the strength from these simple truths and knowing that we are loved so much. It is so amazing to think of God's love for us and be able to use the atonement everyday. Then we are converted disciples of Christ as we partake of the fruit each day. There is just so much joy :)
On Wednesday we were able to travel to Riga for Missionary Leadership Council where we discussed using our time wisely and better preparing those for baptism. I have learned that I just love the people here so much. Above everything else, they are my inspiration to serve here. It is so incredible to be able to meet with them and learn their stories, especially the members. We were able to meet with a church member who had a recent death in the family. She has four girls who are inactive, but she is returning to the church. Her example of service to everyone means so much to me! She is constantly visiting people in the hospital and thinking of ways to serve. She gave us fresh blueberries she had just picked from the forest before our lesson. I hope to be able to serve like her one day. Another member has only been in the church for 4 years but he is the strongest member I know. He booms with the energy of the gospel and has the strongest spirit. I want to be converted like him! He shares the gospel with everyone and is always testifying of his Savior. Their examples are so amazing to me. 
I was able to go on exchange with our other wonderful sisters here in Lithuania. I learn so much from each of them. We were able to do some planning for a ward activity coming up next week also. On Sunday we had the opportunity of meeting with a recent convert. I know that each of us have really hard trials, but I know that change and triumph come through Christ's atonement as we daily repent and partake of the joyful friut. Christ makes life enjoyable, true joy. I love you all so much!
Love Sese Dzerman

Eating kibine, cooked pastries with meat inside :)

No comments:

Post a Comment