Monday, August 1, 2016

Labas Seima ir draugai!

Eating at Soprano's ice cream shop :)
Labas seima ir draugai!
I cannot believe it is already August! We had a great week full of lots of exciting and different events! on Monday evening we had a blast contacting and meeting people who came to the BYU jazz concert in center. The rain was on and off, but it was perfect for talking with people and sharing more about our church. It was super fun-I just love sharing the gospel! It has brought me so much happiness :) We were able to meet a few new people this week. One just returned from the army and has some interesting stories to tell. He is actually pagan which is really different to learn about. I am just thankful to have a clear knowledge of our Heavenly Father. I was a privilege to be able to testify of our loving Father in Heaven who really does know and love every one of us. I realized how basic and fundamental this knowledge is. I love knowing that we are all children of God. 
On Wednesday we suddenly found out that a less active's mother died. We were all able to travel to the funeral with members from the branch to support them. We met in a little shed where the body was raised above the ground. We sang church hymns and listened to verses from the scriptures. It was very interesting, but was so great to be able to be with the members and ponder on the happiness that comes from being together forever after life on this earth! That is the greatest blessing to me to know that I will be with my loving family forever :)
On Thursday I was able to contact people with Sister Griffin! She is such an awesome missionary, I love her and learn so much from her everytime. Her faith inspires me and the spirit is so strong with her. On Friday we had zone training in Kaunas where we got to practice teach natural conversations with people. Sometimes it is hard to turn those into the gospel, but every time the gospel connects to life. It is so amazing how that works. True happiness is having the spirit with us-I learned that this week :) When the spirit is with us, we are so happy, truly happy :) 
On Saturday we visited a member in the hospital. She is so cute and adorable, a 20 year old girl who has so much faith in the Lord. After we were able to help the Russian sisters move into Vilnius! The Russian branch, mostly the old Russian lady members, will just love having them here. 
As we met with an investigator this week, we realized the need to start over about explaining the nature of God. So many people here do not understand this basic truth, and I love everyday that we have to know that He is our Father. That true joy comes from having His spirit with us always.
On Sunday at church quite a few less actives came which was so good for the branch. It is great to see it growing. I love the people here so much. I love the Lord, Our Father in Heaven, and His spirit. I love you all so much!
Love Sese Dzerman
Walking down old towne with a great view of Gedimino's tower in the distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment