Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Hugs from Heaven for Mom

These are notes written by mom:

While running errands, I went to buy new garments at Deseret Book. The girl who started helping me to check out looked so familiar yet I didn't think I had ever talked to her before. 
I quizzed her about her name and told her I thought she might know one of my daughters and asked if she worked somewhere else in town but she said she just moved here. I told her again that she looked so familiar to me and she said that she just moved from her Hurricane after her mission. I asked her where she served her mission and she said Lithuania! Then it clicked! I didn't know Brianna Brown but I have heard of Sister Brown! I was so excited!
I'm sure I squealed as tears sprang to my eyes and chills ran down my arms and I gave her a big hug and told her who I was. She could not believe that I knew who she was but of course I had seen her in many pictures. It was so fun to talk to her for a few minutes and get some info.  The poor lady behind us had to wait a bit. Ha ha but she totally understood when she learned my daughter was still there and I hadn't seen her for year.
She said that yesterday she had met Elder Curtis' mom. That was funny to me as I met someone this morning who learned that my daughter was in Lithuania and said they knew an Elder Curtis from Alpine who is in Lithuania.  Fun times for Sister Brown to meet two missionary moms at work. 

Kayleigh's reply:
Oh my goodness! How cool!
That just makes me so happy and brings tears to my eyes :) How fun that you could see her and hug her! That is crazy that she is working there in American Fork, how awesome. Thanks for the cute picture. I am so happy that you could talk to her, that warms my heart :) Haha, what a small world for her to meet two missionary moms. I am sure Elder Kurtis's mom would love to meet up with you some time too haha. On Sunday I talked to oh boy a mom from the stake here with BYU jazz concert. The dad was troy but I forgot her name, I am sure she will look you up when they get back :) I love all the connections to you mom. I love you so much, Love sis kay!


Another hug for Mom:
Sister Streeter and Sesuo Dzerman

Oh my goodness, I came home from church and found a picture of you and Sister Streeter!  So fun! So amazing!  She is our stake Primary President and Zac and Amy know her kids.  I actually heard last week that a group from BYU was going to tour and perform in the Baltics and thought,"I should call BYU and make some connection, but I wouldn't know who and you probably wouldn't get to see them anyway."  I guess the main thing is you met them and hopefully others from BYU.  That would be so fun for them to see you missionaries!  She told me she gave you a hug!  Wow - a few weeks ago you met the couple from PG, but the Streeters are from our stake!  These are all "hugs from heaven" and then the bonus one for me which I wrote about in my other email.  :)  What a great week!  When I think about Lithuania, it seems so far away, but then someone sends me a picture and there you are!
Dad was looking up things about Lithuania, like the Legend of Lithuania and even that Lithuania is the only place that claims it has it's own smell.  I remember when you first arrived you wrote home about how it smelled like Lithuania.  Ha, ha.

Reply from Kayleigh:
Oh that is awesome, she already told you about it. We saw them Sunday night and will see them tonight in their second concert in center. We will be proselyting there. It was so fun to see her, I thought she looked familiar. All the conections are super crazy! It is so fun to always connect back to home-I love you all so much. I definitely love the smell of Lithuania :) Wow, you did get a lot done! Lots of new stuff in the house how fun. I for sure missed out on the canning! That is so cool he remembers, I can't picture him at the moment, but sounds familiar. Haha, so fun off to Iowa! Drive safely and love you tons! Say hi to the fam out there for me. Love you mom, Love sis Jerman


No comments:

Post a Comment