Monday, July 11, 2016

God is Love

Laba Diena visiems!
This week was super great! On Tuesday we were able to meet with Karolina, who is amazing. It has been such a privilege to be able to work with her; we love her so much. We went over the baptismal questions with her, and she is so prepared. Her faith in Christ and His restored gospel truly strengthens my faith. I am grateful I have been able to watch her progress, although I know that the spirit brings true conversion and that conversion is a miracle. She is already preparing to go to the temple! She is very diligent in her Book of Mormon reading and always trying to do better. We are so excited for her baptism this Saturday. We were also able to meet with a friend of Karolina's who has begun to read the Book of Mormon too. We hope to help her progress towards gaining a testimony about God's true word on the earth today. On Wednesday we met with Danas to discuss the doctrine of Christ. His knowledge of the gospel is increasing also, which has been very cool to see. He is super excited to get a calling and to start serving. On Thursday I was able to go on exchanges with Sister Griffin! We went with a couple from America to visit their relatives here in Vilnius. We were able to share a short message on God and how nothing can ever keep us from His love.
"Met your daughter in Vilnius, Lithuania."  I received this in a text from Noel Gerulat who happens to be from Pleasant Grove, Utah.  She is traveling in Lithuania to meet a long lost loved one.  She wrote that she and her husband have a keen eye for missionaries.  She also said that after talking to them on the street, they invited them to their (non member) sister's home.  "We had to wait since the sister missionaries were so busy due to lessons and appointments."
FaceBook post - "Sunday at church in Vilnius with wonderful sister missionaries."  Sister Noel Gerulat wrote, "I am thankful for their service and beautiful testimonies." 
I truly know that His love is eternal and in every single day of our lives. No matter how hard life may seem, God loves us and expresses that love :) That night we were able to commit Karolina's friend to baptism! We know that the road won't be easy, but Heavenly Father works miracles! On Friday we visited some municipalities a little farther out of the city. We knocked on a few houses which was a new experience for me. Families are a new focus because they truly are so central to God's plan of happiness. Being sealed as a family is one of the greatest blessings we can have. Over the weekend we met a new investigator who has a lot of questions about the church. He received a Book of Mormon online and is interested in learning more. He even came to church, and agreed to meet again. Overall, I know that the spirit is so crucial in our lives. I love the guidance we can receive from Heavenly Father through the spirit if we are living worthy. This week I also personally learned the importance of the word of God. It truly has an effect on our daily lives. I know that when I diligently study the Book of Mormon seeking for knowledge and light, I can receive it and carry it with me throughout the day. Our days truly are lightened through the Book of Mormon. It is such a great gift to each of us :) It has been such an incredible experience seeing the Lord's work progress here in Lithuania. I marvel that I can be here and fall in love with it all. The future has so much in store if we put our faith in Christ! Heavenly Father has so much mercy for each of us as we come unto Him :) I love you all! Have an amazing week! 
Love Sese Dzerman

At Gedimino's Tower
Overlooking the city
Vilnius is super pretty
Such a great view.
The trail walking down.
The tower
Some cool statues :)

No comments:

Post a Comment