Monday, October 12, 2015

Sveiki

Labas!
We had another awesome week in Vilnius! It was pretty interesting, as usual :)
This week we were able to teach a potential investigator, so that was really exciting! He is very cool and willing to learn. We hope to continue teaching him this week.  We also taught two less active members and that was really cool.  They are all so nice and loving to the missionaries.  It is very humbling to visit them in their homes because they are so small, often just one little room is their entire house. We sit on their beds and talk with them over a tiny table.  It is weird to think about the big houses back home that have multiple rooms! We ate some pretty intersting things with the less actives and members this week because they love to feed us. We always get yummy tea and little cookies.  One member fed us a really good pepper, potato, some kind of meat soup. Another fed us in between General Conference. It was potatoes and chicken, or so I thought. Someone asked me and I said it was chicken, because I would know! But it wasn't, it was all mushrooms!! What the heck, that was a weird realization.  They really know how to make yummy mushrooms that look and taste like chicken.  I guess I really don't know :)
We also visited a less active member who made us dinner, which was very nice.  She wanted to show us what she cooked, so she opened a lid that contained a huge fish inside! I about started crying, haha.  It was a whole huge fish, and we were going to eat it. I was really hoping I wouldn't get the head, and I didn't luckily.  I slowly ate my piece, picking out the bones the whole time. It was weird to see the rib cage. Luckily it wasn't too fishy tasting, but seriously. Hopefully never again. It was so sweet of her to feed us though. They are so giving and so nice.  That was my companion's first time eating fish here after 11 months! I got it in my first month, of course :)
Last monday we played tennis with the other sisters, which was way fun. They have cool red clay courts. We also ate Lithuanian pizza, that stuff is super good!! And their ice cream of course is super amazing.
P-Day tennis in beautiful weather
Our power went out after plugging in a heater, so that was exciting. But we got it back on eventually and then we were able to get the oven working again with help from the Nuttalls. I am grateful for electricity and working machines!
We were able to watch General Conference! The Saturday sessions were in Lithuanian, so I didn't understand one thing, but it was very cool. Sunday, we went into the english room to watch it.  It was amazing. I love conference so much. It really filled my spirit so much.  So cool to hear God's words to each of us. I know that He has his living prophet on the earth today to lead and guide us.  He loves each of us, and He wants us to be happy like Him.  We can through the atonement of Christ! I love you all so much!
Love Sese Dzerman

This is how her companion, Sister Madison described it - " we ate a fish! doesn't sound very exciting right away, but I just have to tell you that they cooked it by curling it up in a crockpot and letting it sit for a couple hours. they took the lid off to show us and it was just this ginormous, whole fish! skin and all! and then they just chopped it up into sections. It thankfully didn't taste bad, but just the image was a little sketchy haha"

She also mentioned this - "Sister Wixom and Elder Klebingat are coming tomorrow though so i'm really excited to hear from them. Sister Jerman and I have been given the assignment of buying flowers to welcome them."

This is in Uzupis. You should look it up, way cool. It's the hippy town north of Vilnius.  They have their own constitution - in like 20 languages, super funny.

A wedding lock

When they get married, they put their lock on the bridge and throw the key in the river.

No comments:

Post a Comment