Thursday, July 23, 2015

Laba Diena!

Labas!
I cannot believe it has already been a week!  The time is going really fast!  I am just loving it here at the MTC.  Everything is going just great.  I have an awesome companion and district and zone.  It has been really fun.  The language is coming good.  Classes are really fun, and I am learning a lot.  Although it may not be completely correct, I can say a prayer in Lithuanian without reading it.  I also know my purpose in Lithuanian, which I never thought would happen.  I know the Lord is helping me a lot, and I am so grateful for that.  My testimony has already grown so much here.  I know the Lord listens to and answers our prayers.  
My first day we had class,a few discussions with investigators, and went on a tour.  Each day after that has been studying and class.  I love it.  I am a solo sister, so class with six other Elders is a lot of fun.  Thursday is our preparation day, so we were able to go to the temple.  I love the temple.  It was so great to go again.
My companion is Sister Webb, or Masa Veba.  She is amazing, and I love her a lot. She is from Washington, and I am glad she is here so that I can have a female companion outside of class.  I never expected to have a couple of Elders as my companions for a lot of the day, but it is fun.  I love my district.  There are seven of us learning Lithuanian, and then my companion and an Elder learning Latvian, so nine total.  It's a little hard to have two languages in a district, but that just makes it all the better.  The Elders take very good care of us; it has been a great experience.  We have actually only had an official class time once a day, but we are starting two actual class times next week, and I am super excited!  I also love the Sisters in my residence Hall room.  They are so sweet.  It's fun to have two learning Georgian, two learning Malay, and us learning Latvian and Lithuanian.  I just love it.
I saw Sister Merkley, Sister Kho, other Sisters from high school, and some Elders and Sisters from Utah State.  That is a lot of fun. Thanks for all of the letters; I love each one.
 We watched a very cool talk by Elder Bednar.  He discussed the character of Christ.  I know that if we turn out to others like Christ did, we will be so happy.  This mission is not about me at all; it's about others.  I am grateful for this opportunity to give my all to Christ.  We are here because of Him.  
Love you all,
Sesuo Dzerman
Our District at the Provo Temple

Lithuanian Elders with ties to match the flag

No comments:

Post a Comment