Monday, January 25, 2016

Let it Snow!

Here are all of the young missionaries before transfers happened and a few left us. Plus a member to the right of me.
Hello everyone!
We had an awesome week in Vilnius East! It is so fun to be back in my old area, I feel like I am coming home. It's kind of like I am being trained again, but I feel a lot more normal now :) It has been great to work in the same area, and Sister Bestenlehner is awesome. It will be a great transfer! We had a really good week.
We were able to meet with a less active who hasn't been to church in so long. We stopped by as a surprise, and she didn't want to talk but felt bad to send us back in the snow. So, we got in and had a lesson! She is super sweet, and we already love her. We hope that now we can meet some more with her and help her feel welcomed back into the church. It was truly a miracle. 
We also had a great english class this week! We taught three nonmembers english and also about the apostasy. We had a pretty interesting conversation as one of the students is from that little country by Greece where everyone is muslim. It was super cool. 
We have gotten a lot of snow this week, or at least it has been snowing quite a bit. I hear it will warm up to the 30's this week, so that is very exciting. We also got to watch the missionary world wide conference about repentance and baptism. It focused a lot on the spirit, and I realized how critical the spirit truly is in missionary work. The spirit is everything! We all need it everyday to do all that we need to. 
We got a new member in our district, a Russian speaking missionary who will be trained here! He played a funny trick on us his first day. He came up asking about our Book of Mormon, and we were like oh man, let us tell you about it! Then his other companion showed up, and we realized what was happening. Haha, it was pretty funny. 
I just want to testify of the Lord's atonement. It is truly an amazing thing how we can all change and become better. All the glory belongs to God. I really felt the gift of tongues and understanding help me in church this past week and in our lesson with the less active. Being away from the trainer has kind of kicked me into gear. I know God is helping me, and I see His hand everyday. I know we can use the atonement everyday in our lives not only to be cleansed from sin, but to receive help and guidance and strength. 
May we all have a wonderful week! Love you all.
Love Sese Dzerman

p.s. We are getting a lot of snow too. It was really pretty this morning with a lot of fog and snow coming down-all white. Vilnius is definelty the best place to serve; I love it.

So cool you went to Elder McCombie's homecoming. I sent home my Christmas package in McCall Gibb's package to him haha. 
Our old district


Then the last picture is me and Sister Bestenlenher in my old apartment, without working lights. So we bought some today :)


No comments:

Post a Comment