Monday, October 17, 2016

Labas!!

A cute traditional Lithuanian restaurant

Sister Walles and I :)

Classic Lithuanian meal of potatoes, meat, and veggies

Labas!!
It has been another awesome week in Klaipeda where I have been able to learn so much and see the many tender mercies of the Lord. This past week we taught english class on Tuesday about eating healthy to follow the word of wisdom. We had our two great students, Algis and Edmondas, come along with a student from the Elder's class. A mom and a daughter also showed up for the first time and will now be attending. They are all really good english, so we are able to have some great discussions. Before coming into english, the mom found an injured baby bird and kept it in a tea box throughout the entire english class so they could take it home after. Lithuanians really love nature and taking care of animals :)
On Wednesday we were able to visit a girl in a hospital to give her a Book of Mormon to read while she is there. She is super lonely and has nothing to do, so it was perfect! We have really been focusing on the Book of Mormon and the power that comes from applying the precepts in our lives. I love that this is how we partake of the fruit of the tree of life. If we simply study the word and let it grow, we will come to use the atonement of Christ and be happier than we can imagine :)
We also met with a new investigator who has been investigating the Jehovah Witness Church for a few years. He said that he is thinking about leaving them and maybe trying this chruch instead. We testified of the Book of Mormon and the peace that comes from it. I know that anyone can come to know of the truthfullness of the Book of Mormon through prayer and application.
I was able to go on exchange in Vilnius with one of my trainees! It was so fun to see how much she has progressed and her love for the gospel. She is excited about every phase of the work and definitley shows us. I love that the gospel gives us this bright countenance if we let it become a part of our lives.When we were returning to Klaipeda, I jumped off the bus to go to the bathroom, as I usually have to go quite often. Coming back I quickly realized that our bus was pulling away. With a miracle from heaven, the bus stopped and let us on. I know that Heavenly Father is always aware of our needs and is so merciful. He is there to answer every prayer and ensure that everything will be alright.
 I was thinking about our lesson with a guy a couple weeks ago who doesn't believe in God. He talked about how once we are looking for an answer from God, we start to notice things around us and accept them to be our answer. I thought about that and then remembered all the experiences that I have had in my life where God has shown His love and power to me. There was no doubt that those answers and signs of love were from myself. They were and are truly from a loving Heavenly Father. I also looked to the power of the atonement in my life. Because I have received outside physical, mental, emotional power to overcome hardships and sin in my life, I absolutely know that Christ's atonement is real. That does not come from me at all. It is by the power of the atonement that we are able to change and receive more power from God each day to do His will. This is evidence in our lives that He does exist. We don't just have to go off of an answer we receive, but can look to the divine power that comes from an all powerful God.
 On Friday we met with a girl from South America who is really believing in God but struggles to accept any written words as scriptures. We talked a lot about the words from prophets and how they help us. The scriptures can seem like a burden to read sometime because we are so busy, but they are such a precious gift to us :) Only to help us.
On Saturday we met with a less active to talk about the sacrament and atonement. I love partaking of the sacrament every week. It is always fun to see other church members and so important to have those bonds, but renewing of our convenants and receiving this forgiveness of our sins is the best motivation for being there. It makes me so happy, I look forward to that peace every week :)
That night we were able to help a lady with english and share a quick message about God. She was so nice and loving. I love good people! There are so many in the world!! I love my Lithuanians especially. We got to help the Elders take the sacrament to a single old lady in our branch who can't leave her house. It was great to see the power of the atonement be offered to everyone and realize the importance of it. 
Today I studied about how Satan is after our agency. I have always known this but realized the importance of our agency and the choices we make everyday. They have such huge importance on our lives! We know what is right, and it is up to us if we choose it or not. As we do, Satan can have no control of us. I know that God is watching over us and will take us how we are if we are trying our best :) I love you all!
Sese Dzerman

The path outside our house walking to the bus stop

The trees outside our house have so many colors!

The piles of leaves outside our house

This bakery smelled so amazing! They had so many yummy bandeles

Traveling to Vilnius for an exchange

No comments:

Post a Comment