Monday, September 12, 2016

Labas is Klaipedos!

This is our cute little kitchen

Our awesome bedroom

We have two balconys and one has a huge avocado plant growing in it:)

Cute Klaipeda house and garden with lots of pretty flowers. So many colorful houses
Labas is Klaipedos!
This past week was really amazing. We were able to meet with one of our english students to talk about the Book of Mormon. I definitely take this amazing book for granted as I know that we have it to help us in our daily lives. I learned the importance of not just reading it because that is what we are commanded to do, but to live by it's precepts and apply what we learn. It has been a huge blessing! On Tuesday we were able to meet with some members, and they are really solid. They joined the church early on and live such great lives of service. I love hearing their testimonies of knowing that they are sealed to their child and each other through the ordinances of the temple. Their example is so incredible.
On Wednesday we traveled to Vilnius for exchanges. I was able to be with one of my trainees and meet with one of their current investigators. We talked about the plan of salvation and how the atonement is the center of that. As I have reviewed a lot of my mission, that is the thing that I have learned the most. That although we all experience hard times, it is for the purpose of coming to know the Savior and His atonement. How to use it better in our lives. That truly is eternal life, coming to know Christ and Heavenly Father. I am so thankful for the atonement and the constant help I receive from it. On Friday we were able to meet with a Chinese member at her house. She fed us yummy Chinese food (including squid which tasted pretty good :) ) and talked about family history. She was able to do the temple work for her parents and grandparents and felt in the sealing room that they accepted her work. She testified of the power of the temple ordinances and how the famliy is the most important part of this gospel. I love that everything we do in the gospel stems back to the family. Forever Families are God's greatest gift!
On Saturday we met with a mother and her son. She is blind and really struggling in her life, but she has the strongest testimony of God. Her faith is truly amazing. Her son was able to read some paragraphs from the Book of Mormon and it eased the stress and conflict in their home. I know that the word of God is so important to us right now every day. It will lead us to the fruit of the atonement and eternal life. I love you all so much! 
Love Sese Dzerman
We made it to the beach!!

It was so beautiful

Lots of beautiful sand and no people!

It felt so cool to be by so much water

The sand was super soft too
(Mom's note - check out her sandal tan!!!)

We ate lunch on this boat last monday :)

A floating restaurant!

What could be on the menu!?!

I didn't realize that all they would have to offer would be fish!

The fish actually tasted really good - I was so surprised. 


No comments:

Post a Comment