Monday, May 9, 2016

Email from Sister Leticia Griffin

Miracles are EVERYWHERE here!!! I am so blessed to be a part of the hastening of the work because Eastern Europe is DEFINITELY hastening its' work. (All of these miracles even 
​happened in the SAME day!) We were extremely blessed to have another baptismal date this week!!!!! SO AMAZING!!! His name is John. He is a Nigerian as well (we are really good at spotting the Nigerians and contacting them since we get to speak English!). He was taught by Elders awhile ago and got a baptismal date then, but then went to Poland and disappeared. He then came to our church when he got home, and we got a lesson with him. We opened up the lesson asking him about the Restoration pamphlet he read earlier. He said, "I read it and I know it is true. Everything is true." We were stunned. Wow!!! We went through the Restoration pamphlet with him to make sure he understood everything and he did! We then set up his baptismal date for June 18th! We ARE SO EXCITED for him!!! We now have Samuel and Charles for May 28th, Rojus for June 4th, and now John for June 18th! It is going to be a busy month for us!

We had ANOTHER miracle lesson with someone named Danas on the same day as John's lesson. He used to be a drug addict, but is now a counselor for those who are struggling with drug addictions themselves. He has turned his life around and now is very aware of his emotions and feelings since he never wants to be addicted to anything again. Our lesson started out with Danas giving the opening prayer. It was so perfect! After his prayer, he asked, "What is this strange feeling I am feeling? It feels like I am high!" We then explained to him about the Holy Ghost and how it is a good feeling. Throughout the whole first lesson, he would mention his feelings of the Holy Ghost: that it was like a tingling feeling in the belly or that he was feeling hypnotized. It was really special to have him so aware of the Holy Ghost since it made me more aware as well. I felt the Spirit SO many times in that lesson. It also helped that it was in English. We asked him to be baptized and he said that he would like that, but that he needs a few more lessons to be sure. We hope to have a date for him this week or next!

Another miracle?! We had a lesson with Rojus and he was struggling with why coffee was so bad. He did not understand why energy drinks were not in the Word of Wisdom and coffee was. He tried to help him and explained that it is God's commandment. At the first of the lesson, he said that he needed coffee this month because of work. By the end of the lesson, he said, "Actually, I can stop drinking coffee TODAY!" I am so so proud of him! He is SO ready and is a GOLDEN investigator! He is so willing to give up everything to be a part of this church! It is amazing!

More MIRACLES!! I sat by a woman on the bus and was feeling like I did not really need to talk to her. Satan was really working with me to not talk to her. I then just turned to her and started a conversation. She had researched a lot about Mormons and was pretty interested. I then asked if she wanted a BOM and she said yes! She was very excited! I then got her number and we will be meeting once we go back to Kaunas. I actually met her in Vilnius, so luckily we go to Kaunas and Vilnius every other week! Wow! I am so grateful I did not let Satan win on that contact. I would never have been able to give a BOM. It made it even more special since we had goaled as a companionship to give out one BOM this week!

FYI: Here are some things I have learned here in Lithuania! First off, Lithuanians LOVE to talk! Haha sometimes we cannot do member present lessons since the members here just talk and talk. It gets pretty off topic fast sometimes. Secondly, it smells like smoke everywhere since EVERYONE smokes here. With my companions, I am known to always cover my face when people are smoking since I hate the smell!!!! Makes me appreciate Utah so much more! Haha my companions are nice to contact the people who are smoking so I do not have to! Third, Lithuanians LOVE nature! They go to their "sodas" on the weekends which are their gardens outside of the city. Plus, people go on walks all the time. It is cute! Fourth, They LOVE apples! Apples here are SUPER good too! And, they LOVE jello! Their cakes, meat, fruit, etc are usually in jello. I have not gotten used to that, yet. Soon though! Fifth, spiders are everywhere now!! It is SO scary! It is now hot, so spiders are coming out. I had one randomly on my forehead, and two on my shoulder on the SAME day! I am pretty paranoid now. Lastly, the style here is nylons. The "Bobs" wear them for warmth, but the younger ones wear them under jeans, with dresses, etc. I don't know if that is the same in the States, yet. But, if you want to be "in" according to European styles, wear black nylons with everything!

Our investigators are amazing! I love them!! Everything is so great here! I really believe it is because of us trying to be exactly obedient! When we contact all the time and try our hardest to be on time, we find people. It is amazing. Obedience is truly of God! I am truly humbled to have wonderful investigators right now. It is a wonderful time here in beautiful Lithuania!

No comments:

Post a Comment