Monday, April 11, 2016

What a week!

These are the Sisters out right now, but the three in the middle will be leaving this week.

Most of the Vilnius missionaries! We got to go to the Lithuanian castle: Trakai!! So fun!!!!
Wow, it was such an awesome week. It was so full of missionary work, I couldn't even believe it! We were able to meet with a couple of new investigators and share our message about the restoration! The spirit is so key not only in missionary work, but in our everyday lives. That is how we truly receive the blessings that the Lord wants to give us. 
We were able to watch Women's Conference in english, and I loved how it focused on service. Service is such a great blessing to those around us and to ourselves. It truly helps us to become more Christlike. I want to be more service oriented in my life. We were also able to listen to General Conference in Lithuanian with our members at the church on Saturday and Sunday. I understood some of it, so that is good, right? I know that as we act on the revelation that we receive and apply it in our lives, we will receive so much joy in righteous living.
Here is a cute selfie - Sisters Jerman, Bestenlehner and Griffin.
On Wednesday I was able to travel to Riga to attend Missionary Leadership Council. We received a lot of help on how to better find people to teach. We talked a lot about referrals from members, as that is the best way to find. We then took this information to the missionaries in zone conference that we had on Friday in Kaunas. It was pretty short notice, but we all grew together as we discussed how to better help God's children here. We were also able to do service at the food bank. 
So yeah 4 sisters leave Wednesday, Oh man, this week I become the oldest sister but I know the Lord knows what He is doing! It will be great.  We got transfer calls! I will be with Sister Griffin and Hodson, as we are now the last 3 sisters here in Lithuania. We will serve this first week in Vilnius, taking over the other sister's area and keeping our own. Then next week we will travel to Kaunas to serve in Sister Hodson's area. (I get to serve in Kaunas!  The traveling trio | guess :) ) 
 Wow, I am super excited as this is pretty rare.
Luckily, we will be getting some more sisters soon. ( We are shocked there will be 5 sisters, but so excited!!)   Even though the future can seem scary, I know that as we put our trust in the Lord we will be blessed. He will help us through everything every single day. He loves us, and we have no need to fear tomorrow. I love you all so much!

Love Sese Dzerman

Blynai (potatoe pancakes) and boiled cepeliniai
Just pulled our money to pay rent :) Go Euors!
​Lots of beautiful churches EVERYWHERE!!!
The sister missionaries in Vilnius!

No comments:

Post a Comment